Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Steam
What You Will Learn
This webinar will be the first of a 3-part series on steam in HVAC systems. We’ll explain why steam has become so important as a means of transmitting heat and power. We’ll also discuss why and how steam behaves as it does. Lastly, we’ll explain what saturated and superheated steam is and the meaning and application of steam tables. Parts 2 and 3 will look at applications for steam, and cover design and installation issues.
Key topics include:
- History of steam
- Advantages and disadvantages of steam
- Thermodynamics: Steam vs Pressure
- Explanation of saturated steam
- Explanation of superheated steam
- Handling the transition from steam to condensate
Key questions answered during the webinar:
- How high can condensate be lifted after it is trapped in a low-pressure system?
- Is 75 psi steam considered superheated?
- What is the normal design degree of superheat for steam being used in shell and tube heat exchangers?