Become a Pump Motor Expert in 30 minutes
What You Will Learn
For well over a century, the induction motor has been the dominant source of rotational power in pumps and circulators. This webinar will bring attendees up to date on newer, more efficient, motor technologies, taking care to differentiate between motor designs for low-power applications and designs for higher-power applications. We’ll compare electronically commutated motors (ECM) with permanent magnet motors (PM) and discuss the differences, similarities, and savings available through increased efficiency.
Key topics include:
- The induction motor.
- The permanent magnet motor.
- Differences and similarities between the two.
- What is an electronically commutated motor and how is it different from a permanent magnet motor?
Some questions answered during the webinar will be:
- Do permanent motor pumps experience any demagnetizing effect over a period of time?
- What is the lifecycle comparison between the permanent magnet and induction motors?
- Are switch reluctance motors comparably efficient to an electronically commutated motor?
- Are 3 Kw ECM motors regularly used on evaporators and condenser fans?
- Are ECM motors of variable speed and if yes, how do you adjust speed on the control side?
- Can permanent magnet motors or electronically commutated motors be available for hazardous environments?
- What are the operational differences between an ECM and PM motor that needs to be communicated to clients?
Product Solutions of Interest:
Related Case Studies
Webinar topics you may also like:
For more information, contact us to speak with one of our experts.